Born in Corona, California, the short-scale American Performer Mustang Bass delivers the exceptional tone and feel you expect from an authentic Fender—along with new enhancements and a special split-coil pickup, replicated from the original ‘70s drawings, that make it even more inspiring to play.
- Alder body
- One Yosemite split-coil Mustang Bass middle pickup; one Yosemite single-coil Jazz Bass bridge pickup
- Greasebucket tone system
- “Modern C”-shaped neck with 9.5”-radius fingerboard; 19 medium-jumbo frets
- Tapered-shaft tuning machines; silver ‘70s logo
New Yosemite Pickups: Handcrafted in Corona, California, Yosemite single-coil pickups are specifically voiced for each instrument and position to create sonically versatile and musically useful sounds.
Tapered-Shaft Tuning Machines: Featuring vintage-style paddle keys, tapered tuning machines are wider at the top than the bottom, forcing the string windings downward and keeping them tight for increased sustain and enhancing tuning stability.
Medium-Jumbo Frets: Medium-jumbo frets make it easier to achieve wide, expressive bends that add your personal touch to your music.
4-Saddle Bridge: This model features a four-saddle bridge for solid tuning stability, precise intonation and increased sustain. The string-through-body design enhances string-to-body vibration transfer for added sustain.
Satin-Finished Neck: Featuring a “Modern C”-shaped profile that works well with almost any playing style, the neck also hosts a satin finish on the back, giving it a smooth, fast playing feel.
Greasebucket Tone System: This uniquely Fender tone system lets you cut treble without losing gain or “muddying” your sound, preserving your carefully shaped tone.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Mustang® Bass
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 30" (762 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 19
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Truss Rod: Standard
- Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment
- Bridge Pickup: Yosemite™ Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Middle Pickup: Yosemite Split Single-Coil Mustang Bass
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Greasebucket™ Tone Circuit (Rolls Off Highs without Adding Bass)
- Switching: None
- Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle American Performer Mustang Bass
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender® "F" Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strings: Fender® USA Bass 5250XL Short-Scale NPS, (.040-.095 Gauges)