Christoph Willibald Gluck’s four-act opera on “The Curse of the Tantalides” is based on a tragedy by the ancient Greek dramatist Euripides that was particularly popular in the 18th century. Gluck’s setting received its highly successful premiere in 1779.
Now Bärenreiter is publishing the meticulously revised, corrected and newly engraved vocal score which has been adapted to meet their current editorial standards.
- Urtext edition based on the “Gluck Complete Edition”
- Judiciously modernised and newly engraved
- Detailed foreword (Ger/Fr/Eng) by the editorial board of the “Gluck Complete Edition”
- Well presented idiomatic piano reduction
- Performance material available for hire BA5847-90