The main body of the new edition of Les Indes galantes, published in Opera Omnia Rameau (OOR IV.2, 7), restores the version authorised by Rameau in 1736. This basic editorial decision has made it possible to present a fully coherent and authenticated reading of the work (after the adjustments from the earliest performances). All other versions before and after 1736 are gathered together in 19 appendices.
Sylvie Bouissou’s new edition differs markedly from previous modern editions and all existing recordings. With its appendices she does justice to the performer’s need for Rameau’s various revisions while finally making accessible a version actually authorised by Rameau. For the first time it is presented in its complete stylistic and dramatic context.
- Practical vocal score by François Saint-Yves for keyboard accompaniment
- Based on a reassessment of all sources and versions
- Destined to have a clear impact on performances of Rameau’s magnum opus
- Urtext edition from the Rameau edition "Opera omnia".
- Full score (BA8860) and vocal score (BA8860-90) available for sale.
- Performance material (BA8860-72) available for hire.