Continuing Professional Development is of vital importance to teachers, and this book offers a rich resource for your ongoing CPD. It is jam-packed with practical ideas, addressing ‘hard to teach’ areas, and providing support on extra-musical matters such as behaviour management and assessment. It is not intended to be a complete scheme of work, but to help you revitalise your existing schemes of work by picking and choosing the ideas that will best suit you and your students, and stimulate all levels of classroom music-making.
Written by some of the best classroom music teachers in the country, they offer their considerable experience and share ideas on their specialist subjects. The topics covered are:
- How to teach effectively and manage behaviour
- How to use project-based learning to remodel your existing schemes of work
- How to engage with other areas of the curriculum
- Using performance and improvisation in the classroom
- Whole-class singing
- Songwriting and composition
- How to use technology and digital resources to support your teaching
- How to make classical music accessible and engaging for all students
All the advice and ideas are designed to be as inclusive and accessible for as many students as possible. Drake Music have woven SEND advice into the text wherever appropriate and provided a SEND toolkit to answer common questions that music teachers have about working with SEND students.
The book is accompanied by lots of video demonstrations of the strategies discussed, PowerPoints and other downloadable resources, which are accessed by a unique code supplied with the book.